This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in shaping the future of a global, mission-driven professional services organization.
Potential Project (PP) is the global leader in organizational development and leadership development solutions utilising Corporate Based Mindfulness Training (CBMT). Through mind training we bring greater focus, performance, effectiveness, resilience and compassion to our clients. Our mission is to create more mindful and people centered organizations, with more humane leadership and happier employees.
Potential Project is a global organization, based in 25 countries, serving 300+ companies through our network of 200 independent consultants. Our client base is mainly large corporate organisations like Microsoft, Accenture, Cisco, etc.
Potential Project is based on not-for-profit principles. Instead of paying dividends to owners, we reinvest in our people or donate to charities. Salaries are generally slightly lower than market standards, but our work conditions are highly collaborative, flexible, kind and compassionate whilst providing a true sense of purpose to our work.
We are looking for an IT Manager who will hold both day-to-day IT operational and strategic implementation responsibilities ensuring that IT continues to be a key enabler for the growth of Potential Project.
- Strategic and operational management responsibility for IT reporting to the Operations Director
- Lead IT change agenda utilising both internal and third-party resources to ensure successful delivery
- Managing internal and client facing IT working closely with the COO, Operations Director and Marketing Director to deliver exceptional IT services to our global trainer network, country teams and to our clients
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Implement the new company IT strategy; specific short-term focus on new CRM system implementation and customer mobile app developments
- Management of IT team, infrastructure and systems, to ensure day to day operation
- Research and implementation of new and relevant technologies utilising modern engineering techniques (e.g. DevOps, Agile)
- Develop the plan to enhance current technologies to improve client services
- Build partnerships with key IT suppliers and business stakeholders, including our key global customers
- Manage the direct relationship to the global trainer network in terms of IT demand and service management
- Responsible for meeting PP’s IT need within agreed annual budgets whilst driving an automation agenda to reduce costs, increase efficiency whilst maintaining a high level of service to the business
- Manage the IT team including hiring, training, guiding, coaching and performance review
- Source IT resources and capabilities in the most efficient manner available whilst maintaining the flexibility to support a growing global business
- Secure data and the IT systems against loss or attack by computer viruses or other external threats
- Ensure compliance to appropriate regional and local legislation, in particular related to data laws
- Communicate regularly with executive management board on IT
- Develop best practice and written documentation within IT
- Manage financial aspect of IT development and operations
- Manage hardware and software vendor relationships
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of future IT investments
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years background managing IT projects or operations, preferably within a fast-moving business environment
- IT Project Management skills essential
- Excellent communication skills required
- People management of small virtual teams (current team of 2 in-house plus external vendors)
- Natural ability to connect with clients and partners on a personal and professional level
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about service to our trainers and clients
- Aligned with our purpose and mission of contributing to a more peaceful world
- Established mindfulness practice/interest in having a daily meditation/mindfulness practice
- Able to work independently in a virtual global organization
- Experience in a B2B commercial environment preferable
- Work location: Virtual working ideally based in Northern Europe or North America
- Work hours: Up to 35 hours per week.
- An influential role in a highly purpose driven, rapidly growing, international organization passionate about bringing mindfulness and kindness into organizations
- Strong career path and personal development to move to IT Director level
- Opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, mindful, virtual, collegial work context with amazing colleagues from all over the world
- Opportunity to attend retreats and balance work with practice
- Ability to work from home
- Start date as soon as possible
How to Apply
Please send your application to [email protected] by 20th November 2017.